American Cannabis Company, Inc. 2017 Mid-Year Review and Shareholder Update
DENVER, CO--(Marketwired - Aug 29, 2017) - American Cannabis Company, Inc. (OTCQB: AMMJ) ("American Cannabis Company," "ACC," or the "Company"), an international distributor of ancillary products and services to the cannabis industry and one of the largest cannabis consulting firms, released second quarter 2017 financial results for the three-month period ended June 30, 2017 and filed a Form 10-Q Statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday, August 21, 2017.
American Cannabis Company provides advisory and consulting services specific to the cannabis industry, designs industry-specific products and facilities, and distributes proprietary and tailored intellectual property, products, and services to cannabis operators and businesses. The Company operates in the regulated cannabis industry in states and countries where cannabis is regulated and/or has been de-criminalized for medical use and/or legalized for recreational use.
2017 Mid-Year Financial Update
American Cannabis Company is pleased to provide an overview of its second quarter financial results and an update on its progress year-to-date.
- The Company's current ratio for the period ended June 30, 2017 was 13.40, which reflects the Company's liquidity and its ability to cover its current liabilities.
- The Company's debt to equity ratio for the period ended June 30, 2017 was 0.08, which indicates the Company's solvency and its ability to satisfy its debt obligations.
- The Company's quick ratio for the period ended June 30, 2017 was 13.23, which shows the Company's availability of liquid assets
Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Michael Tuohey, CPA, commented, "Over the course of the last 12 months the financial strength of the Company has continued to improve. We feel this positions the Company to have the flexibility to expand and take advantage of opportunities within the industry. Management is committed to improve its position in the industry and shareholder value."
- Net income from operating activities for the six-month period ended June 30, 2017 was $123,826 compared to a net loss of $98,332 for the six-month period ended June 30, 2016. This represents a 226% increase, or $222,158, over 12 months.
- The Company issued 439,182 shares of common stock to employees during the six months ended June 30, 2017, which were valued at $401,809. This is significantly higher when compared to $14,422 in stock-based compensation for the six-month period ended June 30, 2016. The increase can be attributed to a one-time stock compensation expense for employment contracts and an increase in the stock price per share used to determine the dollar value of the cost for shares. The Company has not received any cash in exchange for the stock compensation granted to employees, which was recorded as an expense of $401,809.
- In the first quarter of 2017, the Company eliminated stock grants from its compensation policy. The Company decided that it would issue warrants as an alternative method of compensation (if needed). One of the benefits of the Company offering warrants instead of stock compensation is the negligible cost due to the variability and indeterminable nature of the warrants' future exercise and corresponding share price(s).
- Accounts receivable for the six-month period ended June 30, 2017 was $102,367 compared to $116,795 for the six-month period ended June 30, 2016. This represents a decrease of 12%, or $14,428, over 12 months. The improvement is attributable to increased efficiencies in operations and accounts receivable turnover.
- Accounts payable for the six-month period ended June 30, 2017 was a credit balance of $17,911 compared to a debt of $146,491 for the six-month period ended June 30, 2016. This improvement represents a decrease of 112%, or $164,402, over 12 months. The decrease reflects that the Company paid down its previous accounts payable balance and has pre-paid some of its vendors for products and services received year-to-date.
- Net cash from operating activities produced a gain of $322,077 for the six-month period ended June 30, 2017 compared to a loss of $464,529 for the six-month period ended June 30, 2016. The difference represents an increase of 169%, or $786,606, over 12 months. This can be largely attributed to improvements in accounts payable and cash advances (100% increase) from clients for goods and services provided by the Company.
- Net cash from financing activities was $602,693 for the six-month period ended June 30, 2017 compared to $139,065 for the six-month period ended June 30, 2016. This improvement represents a 333% increase, or $463,628, over 12 months. The net cash from financing for the six-month period in 2017 was attributed to proceeds from the issuance of common stock, whereas the net cash from financing in 2016 was attributed to proceeds from the issuance of convertible notes payable.
- The Company's cash and cash equivalents at the end of the six-month period ended June 30, 2017 were $1,675,808 compared to $228,654 at the end of the six-month ended June 30, 2016. This improvement represents an increase of 633%, or $1,447,154, over 12 months.
- The Company's total cash and equivalents for the period ended June 30, 2017 were $1,675,808 compared to $751,038 for the period ended December 31, 2016. This represents a 123% increase, or $924,770, over six months.
- Total assets and liabilities for the period ended June 30, 2017 were $1,925,895, respectively, compared to $983,953 for the period ended December 31, 2016. This represents a 96% increase, or $941,942, over six months.
- Total current liabilities (short-term debt) were $142,633 as of June 30, 2017 compared to $329,019 as of December 31, 2016, which represents a 57% decrease, or $186,386, over six months. Liabilities included $73,693 in accounts payable as of June 30, 2017 compared to $55,782 in accounts payable as of December 31, 2016. This represents a 32% increase, or $17,911, over six months.
- The Company had no long-term debt as of June 30, 2017 or December 31, 2016.
- Stockholders' equity in the Company was $1,783,262 for the second quarter of 2017 compared to $654,934 for the second quarter of 2016, which represents a 172% increase, or $1,128,328, over 12 months.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of American Cannabis Company, Terry Buffalo, commented on the second quarter 2017 results, "We are pleased with the rapid growth we have experienced this year and that we are delivering positive value for our shareholders. The second quarter financials are a dramatic improvement from our first quarter results. Since we filed the Form 10-Q [Statement] with our second quarter results, the new challenge for us will be to maintain our position as an industry leader as we continue to expand our business internationally and to increase brand awareness."
The Company's strong improvements in financial condition and performance metrics are expected to continue through the rest of the year, given its current position, client portfolio, and market opportunities. To date, the Company has completed over one million square feet of marijuana cultivation facility design work for clients in multiple legal marijuana states and countries.
Founder and Chief Development Officer (CDO) of American Cannabis Company, Ellis Smith, reinforces the Company's growth trajectory, "There has been an increase in demand for our products and services this year, and we're constantly entering new markets now. We have successfully enhanced and refined our model, and we can provide our clients with a more robust and full suite of vertically integrated solutions for marijuana business owners in any market, from the license application to the facility design to the business management."
Due to the Company's continued growth and an increase in demand for its products and services, the executive team increased the Company's resources and added new team members in 2017. These additions strengthened the consulting team's capabilities and knowledge base and improved operating efficiencies.
Buffalo commented on the consulting team expansion, "This year, we increased operating efficiencies and service quality by adding new team members with tangible skills and valuable experience, which also helped us refine our processes and procedures. As a result, we are providing a higher quality of service for our clients, which has proven to be successful for us so far. Improvements like this have a material impact on the Company's financial results, and we have just started to reap the benefits."
Smith opines on the Company's competition, stating "We have a unique advantage in our ability to apply the most advanced sustainability techniques and efficient technology available, such as LEED® green building designs, ISO standards, GMP and GAP methods, and fully automated 'smart grows.' The market has shown us a need and appreciation for customized and cost-efficient solutions in marijuana business management, especially in cases where the clients are new market participants. We can add meaningful value for our clients by teaching them how to operate successful marijuana businesses and giving them the tools they need to be effective business owners and managers."
One of the Company's clients is breaking ground this week on a new cultivation facility in Aurora, Colorado, which includes a 22,500-square foot state-of-the-art greenhouse cultivation facility and 1,000-square foot showroom showcase designed by the Company. The greenhouse will be provided by a leading greenhouse supplier, which is one of the partners involved in the project. The showroom showcase will be open to the public for viewing.
More Clients and New Markets
U.S. Market Expansion. In 2017, the Company expanded its national presence and was engaged by clients based in most of the U.S. states where marijuana is legal in some form, such as OH, MI, FL, AR, LA, CA, MD, NV, ND, CO, and PA. The Company's scope of work for projects initiated and completed in the second quarter includes state applications for cultivation, processing licenses; facility design and construction; vendor selection and equipment sourcing; real estate development and lease management; financial planning and oversight; recruiting and hiring; standard operating procedures (SOPs) development; regulatory liaison; OSHA training; compliance; and opportunity analysis.
Canadian Market Expansion. Currently, the Company is experiencing a high demand for products and services in Canada, and it has retainer clients in multiple provinces of Canada, which include license applications. The Company has established new distribution channels and co-packing arrangements throughout the country based on increased demand for the Company's proprietary cultivation product, SoHum Living Soils®.
Introducing New Technologies. The Company is currently working on a highly innovative real estate development project in Canada with a leading greenhouse manufacturer to build a first and one-of-a-kind marijuana cultivation facility, which will be introduced to the marijuana industry via this project. The custom design features a 64,600-square foot indoor cultivation and processing facility with a 46,368-square foot greenhouse on top of the building for a total of 110,968 square feet dedicated to canopy and supporting functions. Additionally, the indoor cultivation utilizes American Cannabis Company's proprietary, vertical cultivation solution, the High Density Cultivation System™ ("HDCS™"). HDCS applies the principles of lean manufacturing to maximize the amount of usable square feet and horticulture production yields in the facility.
International Expansion. While the Company has continued to increase its footprint and client engagements in the United States (U.S.) and Canada, it is currently exploring new opportunities and partnerships in international markets, including Europe, the Middle East, South America, the United Kingdom (U.K.), South Africa, and Jamaica.
New Products and Services
New Cultivation and Dispensary Management Services. In addition to the scope of work for services as indicated, American Cannabis Company has expanded its existing suite of services to include cultivation and dispensary management. The Company currently offers complete turnkey solutions for clients that require more hands-on assistance with business operations.
Discounted Services for Equity Model. The Company is actively seeking strategic partnerships with licensed (and aspiring) operators in emerging marijuana programs and new state markets. The executive team expects to receive enhanced returns on its stock performance and the Company's investments in client projects due to the evolved business model, in which the Company provides discounted services in exchange for equity in its clients' companies.
Intellectual Property Licensing. The Company is currently licensing intellectual property to clients for some of its products and services offered. This licensing service allows those clients to market and distribute the Company's brand and/or white-labeled products in the various state markets.
New Product SKUs. The Company will be releasing new product SKUs in the third quarter of 2017.
SoHum Living Soils®
2017 High Times STASH Award Winner. In July 2017, American Cannabis Company's proprietary product, SoHum Living Soils® ("SoHum®"), won the 2017 High Times STASH award for "Best Potting Mix." High Times' STASH or "Significant Technological Achievements in Secretive Horticulture" (or STASH) Awards celebrate technological advances in the cannabis industry, specifically the most innovative and effective products used for cultivation.
SoHum® is the Company's fully amended soil blend designed for marijuana cultivation. The "just add water" growing medium contains 100% natural ingredients and provides the cannabis plant with all the macro/micro nutrients needed to maximize the genetic potential and to optimize the cannabinoid profile. SoHum® improves the plant's yield and quality and it decreases time, cost, and labor. www.SoHumSoils.com.
Addition of Co-Packers. The Company has signed agreements with new co-packing providers to produce SoHum Living Soils® in multiple regions throughout the U.S. and Canada to meet the growing demand for soil from customers.
About the Company
Based in Denver, Colorado, American Cannabis Company, Inc. (OTCQB: AMMJ) ("American Cannabis Company," "ACC," or the "Company") is a business-to-business consulting firm that offers turnkey and end-to-end solutions to existing and aspiring participants in the cannabis industry.
Since 2013, American Cannabis Company has worked with dozens of companies that are now thriving in the cannabis industry, many of which were awarded legal marijuana licenses in multiple states with the assistance and support of the Company. Its team of industry veterans and subject matter experts leverages their hands-on experience and acquired knowledge to provide business planning and market assessment services, to assist with state licensing procurement, and to create business infrastructure and operational best practices.
In addition to these services, the Company owns a portfolio of proprietary, marijuana-focused, cultivation products, which include: The Satchel™, Sohum Living Soils™, The Cultivation Cube™, and The High Density Cultivation System™ ("HDCS"). The development and growth of its brands and product suite are rooted in the Company's geoponics philosophy of "combining the art and science of agriculture in soil."
For information about American Cannabis Company, please visit the website:
This news release contains "forward-looking statements" which are not purely historical and may include any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations, or intentions regarding the future. Such forward-looking statements include, among other things, the development, costs and results of new business opportunities and words such as "anticipate", "seek", intend", "believe", "estimate", "expect", "project", "plan", or similar phrases may be deemed "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ from those projected in any forward-looking statements due to numerous factors. Such factors include, among others, the inherent uncertainties associated with new projects, the future U.S. and global economies, the impact of competition, and the Company's reliance on existing regulations regarding the use and development of cannabis-based drugs.
These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this news release, and we assume no obligation to update the forward-looking statements, or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Although we believe that any beliefs, plans, expectations and intentions contained in this press release are reasonable, there can be no assurance that any such beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions will prove to be accurate.
Investors should review all the information set forth herein and should also refer to the risk factors disclosure outlined in our annual report on Form 10-K for the most recent fiscal year, our quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and other periodic reports filed from time-to-time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For more information, please visit www.sec.gov.